You may have 101 reasons as to why you have decided you need a website designed
Website Design - Why?
- Making sure I keep up with my local competitor
- Ensuring my website captures what my business represents
- To show our work is credible
- To grow our brand
- Its the best way to engage prospective customers
- Increase the visibility of our products
- To put my business on the map
- To increase our ability to sell our products internationally
- To better provide our customers with the information they require
- To be in control of the content that the business puts out
- To be able to see who our customers are
- Assess how our customers consume our marketing material
- To enhance our visibility and offerings to people who are not at our physical store
- To network with other stakeholders
- To be able to sell products
- To reach a particular demographic that has previously not been reachable
- To be able to answer FAQs (frequently asked questions) about our services or products
- To stay in contact with our customers and establish a long term relationship
- To allow feedback from customers
- To test and market new products
- To reach the media and increase public awareness
- To better serve the local market with our own services or products.
- If we want to be taken seriously we need a Website.
- By owning your own Website your information is available to the world 24/7/365.
- A website allows anyone to visit you, when they want, at any location
- To give an advantage over other competitors that are similar to yours but don’t have a Website.
- Because our customers have said they want us to have a website
- Because we want to be able to provide privileged access to information
- To be able to publish content to a global audience
- Because our website is key to increasing our overall market share for our products
- Because we have technical problems with our own website
- To earn advertising revenue from the traffic we have obtained
- Because our free website hosting is not giving us a professional look that we need
- Because just having our Facebook page is limiting our exposure on the web
- Because how people use Facebook is different to how people use companies websites
- Because it is easy for us to promote our website, which in turn promotes our brand and all of its information
- To show that we support good causes
- To take advantage of the storage space available
- To be able to take payments online
- To be able to accept paypal payments for services
- To be able to create shopping experience similar to Amazon
- To get a professional web site designed to match our professional image.
- Because we are a authority source of information offline and want to enhance our on line authority
- To be able to show off our positive customer reviews to potential customers
- To be able to collect email addresses for contacting about our products
- To start blogging about our area of expertise
- To start reaching the people who visit our website across the internet
- Sell and distribute CD’s and DVDs of our music
- To start accepting credit card regular payments for services
- To be able to manage our customer contact lists
- To allow our customers to book services online
- To set up a store to sell t-shirts
- To allow a new way for customers to make enquiries
- To show our credibility with a modern web design
- To gain insight into how many people are looking for our business
- To find out how people find us and enhance our website landing pages
- To increase the geographical areas that we can cater to
- Because a website allows us to makes changes and update information inexpensively and quickly
- To be able to contact our customers in a more streamlined way
- Because a website is easier to remember than a phone number
- Because our website does not function efficiently on tablets and mobiles
- To build a community on line
- To show off my work as a portfolio
- To raise awareness for a good cause
- To raise awareness about our offers
- To give people advice about our area of expertise and help them ask the right questions
- To warn people about the dangers of our field without putting them off pursuing our services
- Our current webmaster is expensive and we need a better solution
- Our current domain name doesnt match our new business name
- Our current domain name is not as good as it could be
- Our hosting is poor and we need a better web host
- Our content mangement system is poor and outdated
- Because we would like to be able to blog on our website
- Because we have grown our business and feel that it is time for a website
- To show off our work with a gallery
- To enable people to click to call us directly from our website without having to type in our phone number
- Because we need someone who we can trust to help us build our website
- Because we have used a website builder that is limiting to our professional web presence
- Because the graphics on our website are too small and outdated
- There is much room for improvement from a design perspective
- Confident that a new website would help us generate more sales
- We would like to know who are customers are
- To gain new kinds of insight about our customers
- To gain feedback about how our customers see our brand
- To create questionnaires to see what people have to say about us
- To create incentives to buy more products from us
- Our website can be the central point of all of our marketing efforts
- To take down our competitor a peg or two!
- Because it is not expensive to improve our website but incredibly valuable
- It enables us to put across our vision for our company in an interactive way
- It enables us to teach our customers about the products we offer, from the comfort of their homes
- It enables us to collect custom information about our own customers
- It allows us to assess ROI for offline/online marketing campaigns
- It allows us to measure new KPIs against any kind of marketing
- Because our competitor recently got a new site and we have seen a decrease in activity on our own
- Our site is simply rubbish and everyone tells us it needs to be better!
- We are much better than our website represents us as
- Our services are very competitive and we are not visible compared to our competitors.
- Because we want somewhere to centralise all of the great feedback we have from customers
- Because we want to contact our customers with regular offers
- We want to be able to update our content all the time to make sure our customers are up to date with what we can offer them
Website Design Requirements
These are the minimal criteria that virtually any business will need for a new Website or a takeover of an existing website.
A website that enables me to edit the content
For you or someone within the business to be able to edit the content themselves, ensuring that visitors get the latest updates on your business.
Responsive Web Design
Ensuring that the website looks great on all devices and captures exactly what my business represents regardless of which device the site is looked at from.
A website that is visible on search engines
Being found on the bigger search engines is very important to ensure that people who are searching for you or your services find you, and not someone else instead.
A web design that represents my brand
A site that represents the brand of your website is of the utmost importance. A website that you can be proud of and leaving the exact impressions on visitors that you want.
A modern website design solution
A solution that is modern, and embraces and utilises the latest technology that is available
A website provided by a trustworthy webmaster
You need someone who you can trust to help you get everything in place and give you the platform to provide this information to your customers
Skills Required to be a Good Web Designer?
Designing a website is not easy, and it has taken years of learning technical and design skills to reach a point of being able to design websites to the quality required.
There is no compensation for quality when it comes to Web Design
Do you know some of these languages? Are you familiar with these applications and different terminology? Then you should be a web designer like me!
Content Management Systems
Why Can I Not Just Design the Website Myself?
The reality is however that your website is going to be the central point at which everybody who knows about your company who might be interested in using you at some point in the future will visit.
Making sure you leave the best impression possible is of the upmost importance.
Have you ever decided not to go with company A because company B’s website is better?
Its the same as going into a store…
If there is dust on the shelves or it looks like noone has tidied up for a long time then you probably wont come back!